Our only compensation is what we bill you for directly – you pay no commissions, no referral fees, no hidden charges. We put your best interests first.
We begin with a brief “get acquainted” call to discuss your goals and our practice approach. If the fit looks promising, we'll schedule a 1-hour discovery meeting (in-person or virtual), followed by your personalized financial planning proposal. These initial exploratory steps are complimentary and commitment-free.
We offer two fee-only, fiduciary advisory options:
Planning Only (Currently accepting Planning Only clients on a limited basis only.)
Planning Only clients are billed on a per-project basis. Planning Only clients retain custody of their assets and are free to implement our recommendations with the financial services providers of their choice. Planning Only is ideal for pre-retirement clients with most of their assets in employer retirement plans.
Fees vary based on complexity and scope as agreed upon by GFA and the client. Typical ranges:
- 1-2 hour consultation with email summary/recommendations - $900
- Younger Professionals/Families “Kickstart” planning - $2,750 - $3,750
- Retirement Red Zone clients (+/-5 years of planned retirement date) retirement income planning (including Social Security maximization) - $3,000 - $4,000
We’re often able to save Planning Only clients several multiples of our fee by identifying ways to reduce their investment, insurance, and tax costs. Through the magic of compounding returns, these savings, combined with smart planning, can grow into thousands of dollars more for your retirement and other goals.
While there is no ongoing commitment, most Planning Only clients opt for regular plan updates. Annual/follow-up reviews generally cost less, depending on planning scope and time since the last review.
Planning Only engagements include:
- 1-2 plan review meetings, depending on scope
- Concise "Action Item" to-do list tailored to client need/investing experience
- Availability for questions and other follow-ups for 3 months following plan delivery
Concierge Wealth Management and Planning
For clients who prefer to delegate investment management and obtain maximum benefit from planning opportunities through our ongoing monitoring and advice.
Annual Concierge fees are calculated on total assets under management according to the following cumulative schedule, with a $900 minimum quarterly fee.
- First $1 million of assets: 0.75%
- Assets over $1 million to $3 million: 0.50%
- Assets over $3 million: 0.25%
Concierge services include:
- Professional “evidence-based” investment management using Nobel Prize-winning investment principles and cost-effective investments
- Two review meetings per year (possibly more, depending on need)
- Ongoing comprehensive financial planning (taxes, insurance, employer benefits, college, retirement, estate planning)
- Continuous availability for as-needed advice/planning